Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Salad a Day

Spinach and Blue Cheese Salad
Strawberry and Walnut Salad

Grilled Corn and Chicken Salad

During the winter months I tend to gravitate towards heavier, heartier foods. Nothing beats a bowl of chili on a frigid, snowy day or a slow cooked roast with all the fixins. During the warmer months, and this may or may not have to do with bikinis on the horizon ;), I always find myself craving lighter and more simple meals. With that said, I loved this salad round-up at The Every Girl that shows you how to make 10 main meal-worthy salads for only $50 and a grocery list. It's perfect for my crazy schedule and summertime prep! Do you have seasonal favorites?

p.s. Isn't the styling so pretty?
Chimmy said...

love this! i love making dishes where you know exactly what is going into your body!

my fave go to salad is granny smith apples, celery, avocado, boiled egg (or egg whites only), goat cheese and pine nuts.

the last two ingredients are optional and sometimes i put it all on a bed of butter lettuce. so tasty!

cheers!

db said...

These look great! I too have seasonal favorites I tend to gravitate toward salads and light fruit crepes during the summer. During the winter I crave more stew, Jambalaya, and heavy breakfast foods like packed omelettes and potatoes!
xo
Darling Bonnie
thehouseofdarling.blogspot.com

Albertina said...

I love this! so pretty...inspiring actually. My favorite summer salad is spinach with strawberries with a lemony, sugary dressing....best ever! welcome back! Hope High point was spectacular for you.

Post a Comment