Monday, July 2, 2012

Our Marriage and Trying New Things 2

Last Friday my dear cousin invited Alan and I to a comedy show at The Comedy Cellar in Greenwich Village. We've never been to one together so we jumped on the opportunity to add this to our trying new things list! She warned us that the comedian may make crack jokes at our expense. I smiled when we were seated in the front row :)

Have you ever been to a comedy club? I would totally recommend it for a fun date night. A first one even better! My sides hurt the entire time and the laughter put everyone in a beaming mood. The host even took a few jabs at me for raising the roof. Ha! Is that entirely uncool these days? I had no idea. After the show, we were introduced to The Kati Roll Company...
...per their website "really good food, plain and simple." They aren't lying! It's basically a quick stop for Indian street food with a super basic menu featuring Kati rolls.  A Kati roll is made by wrapping a variety of meats and vegetables into paratha, a type of Indian flat bread.
Of course it's bursting with Indian spices and cheese, but all you really need to know is, Number 8 is where it's at! Like last time, Alan did a short interview right on MacDougal street. Warning: I was still feeling a little giddy and silly from all the belly laughs!
Have you done anything new for a relationship in your life lately?
Tell me about it!
Unknown said...

Ooo paratha is my favorite!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I have always wanted to visit a small comedy club. It sounds so fun! I love that you and Alan are doing fun new things together. My boyfriend and I try to get out and experience something new as much as possible. I think it's a good habit!

Unknown said...

This place is our FAVE! We go almost once a week, and there are a handful of other great ones in the city that we love, too. Sounds like you had a great time! :) XO

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

You are so cute. I've never been to one. Being picked on is kinda my worst fear!

Shoko said...

Yay!!! Looks like so much fun, Roxy!

designstiles said...

Bummed you weren't in town when I was in NYC hanging out with Tamra. She says you make her drink more than she normally does. You're my kinda girl!

Julia D. said...

Looks like so much fun, Roxy!

Post a Comment