Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Picture Book

My best sister friends came in from North Carolina to visit.  My head nearly popped off with excitement when they arrived and anyone in earshot must have busted an ear drum. I already believe you should always greet guests with a cocktail so an arrival like that merited that and much more :)
The trio reunited, we didn't waste anytime catching up and hitting the town. Banc, Gin Palace, No Malice Palace, throw in a speakeasy serving cocktails larger than your head, a comedy club, and of course a late night diner! We made it to a table top or two and maybe should have toned it down a bit based on how one of us (who shall go unnamed) felt the next morning haha


The girls wanted to do "local" things so we headed to Brooklyn for Smorgasburg and stopped at a really cute market on the way that hosts up and coming designers.  It was a beautiful day so we spread a picnic blanket at East River Park, sunned, and ate entirely too much food.
We couldn't resist surprising Kristin with an early birthday cake. My apartment is miniature so we pretended to play a game (which included covering her head up with a towel, bless her for going along, ha!) while we prepped the cake and lit the candles. I think she was thoroughly surprised. Mission accomplished!
Alan had to work most of the weekend but he joined in here and there and was the best sport for hanging with a bunch of giggly, squealing girls. Such a sweetheart! I'm wearing my new earrings from the Brooklyn market by Molly Rose Post!
Sunday we had a lovely, bubbly brunch around the neighb at Lalisse followed by manis and pedis. New York is the land of the $8 mani. I can hang with that! Neon is the look of the week along with my mom's vintage clutch. 
We were craving fresh air and seafood (ahh summer!) so for Sunday supper we headed to Birreria for rooftop cocktails and then Fish in the West Village for their must-eat lobster special.  I highly suggest!
I can't tell you how grateful I am to have the most amazing, loving friends! I hope y'all had an over-the-top weekend too!
Wendy Annabeth said...

your blog is so pretty! www.domesticsweetheart.com

Jessie said...

I love me some Sarah Williams! Looks like a fun weekend!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love how you always make the most of your weekends - as we all should. Fab!

Erin said...

Wow amazing dress!! Where did u get it?

Shannon said...

Look at you rocking that red dress! So cute Roxy!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, so jealous! Love y'all!

Nat said...

Looks like such a fun weekend!! Having girlfriends like that is really the best!

Sadie + Stella said...

You are freaking adorable!! Look at you!

Julia D. said...

I firmly believe that one should NEVER "tone it down." Live life to the fullest always, especially with such an occasion for celebration as having best friends in town!

Post a Comment