Friday, September 14, 2012

Let's talk topless.


Have you heard? Duchess Kate went topless! Sadly enough the press, who shouldn't have invaded their privacy in the first place, is making an unnecessary fuss about it. I mean, come on, people! She was sunbathing on the Cote D'Azur on a private property with her husband. Who could blame her? Personally I think it's fabulous when people throw their inhibitions to the wind and bare all! Just ask my fellow sunbathers on a nude, public no less, beach in Nice circa 2005 ;)

What about you? Have you sunned topless? Where? When? Who were you with? Would you ever? You must spill the beans. I'm dying to know!

{Slim Aarons "Eden Roc Chat"August 1976}
Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Great topic! I personally have never. But I totally would on the Cote d'Azur, on a private beach, with my husband.... On Mautauk main beach on labour day weekend, in the middle of the day, not so much... There's a time and place for everything.

My-cliffnotes said...

I've gone topless in my backyard, does that count?

xx

Shannon said...

Hah! I love that you posted this! Nope, I have never sunbathed topless, but mainly because I am so pale I know it would mean big trouble. But serious props to Duchess Kate...glad she enjoyed her vacay!

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

I have in St. Tropez...of course....with some girl friends...how can you not...and shame on that photographer and that magazine that published it. So sad. Poor Kate, she is perfection

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

i never have, but if i looked like Kate I would! haha...and I wish the papap would just give her her privacy.

Unknown said...

I love anything by Slim Aarons, the above pic included. I suppose I would consider it if in France or Italy! I feel badly for Kate!

Fifikoussout said...

people make me sad :( really nice photo you chose to illustrate that story :)

Unknown said...

i have never gone for it, but have also not truly been presented with the perfect opportunity... if i were duchess kate, i would have gone for it too! good for her :) XO brynn

Julia D. said...

I've never done it, and don't know that I would. That being said, if you're comfortable with it and in the appropriate situation for it, like Kate was, I don't see a problem. Definitely have a problem with whoever decided to photograph it though, that's just plain wrong.

Nat said...

I have yet to go to a topless beach but when I do I totally plan to sunbath topless! Still can't get over that invasion of privacy!

Post a Comment