Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bedroom Thoughts

Our living room is a little cracked out on color (think ROYGBIV) so we made a strong effort to tone it down in the bedroom. Those pillows have since moved to the living room and the only real pop of color is these drapes. In my mission to add interest without too much rainbow bright, I fell in love with the look of muted floral wallpaper.


Our little Manhattan rental does not permit wallpaper, or paint for that matter, so I was giddy when I found "Gold Leaf Peonies" from Tempaper. Alan's reaction was a very minor, "Oh. My God. Really?" I took that as a yes :) He is a saint. Have you ever applied temporary wallpaper? We would greatly appreciate any tips!

Sadie + Stella said...

I know what you mean being cracked out on color. Sometimes this girl just cannot help it! I am drawn to it. Love your pillow in the background with your bed. I may be needing something of the like!

Roxy said...

I'm so drawn to it too! It was hard to try not to incorporate too much of it! Thanks for the sweet note about my pillows. They will be in the shop soon!!

Nikki Rappaport said...

I think wall of pattern in the bedroom can be so sophisticated and sweet. Can't wait to see the final pics!

Jessie said...

I am with Linds, I love a cracked out rainbow of color. We are trying to tone it down in our house. I want to hear all about your experience with temp wallpaper.

Unknown said...

I dealt with a similar situation...our home was definitely cracked out on color - beautiful, juicy citrusy color, but cracked out nonetheless. So at the start of fall, I started all over and went on a total color detox...and I am still detoxing to this day! Love the interest that beautiful wallpaper gives :) XO Brynn

Unknown said...

Let me know where you find this temporary wall covering (and of course how it comes out). I too was looking to add some pattern in my room of four white walls, but trying to avoid the work of actually applying wallpaper.

Eleanor @ Sequins & Sass said...

Oh my goodness.... that first wallpaper.. the gold flowers.. I may or may not have gasped in delight...

Happy Tuesday!

xx,
Eleanor

sarah | chevrons and stripes said...

I might have to copy you because this paper is GORGEOUS!!!! and low commitment, which I like...

Julie Leah said...

Really love this idea! Not too much color but definitely adds a missing dimension on blank walls. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Gorgeous Glam said...

Loving that first wall paper in gold. I was just searching the net yesterday for pretty wallpaper. Found a place here in L.A. I'm going to check out this wknd. Temp paper would be nice! Since removing it in our new house was such a pain from the previous owners!! xx -Taj

Sarah {Accidentally Domestic} said...

The Gold Leaf Peonies paper is really pretty. After moving into a house filled with really old wall paper, I've had a bit of aversion to it. However the idea of temporary wallpaper sounds really cool! Can't wait to hear how it works.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Oh alan! love him and love your translations of his reactions. I don't have any experience with temp wallpaper, but I do break the rules and paint. speaking of, painting party soon? prosecco and painting??

Julia D. said...

Love it! So kind of Alan to let you take the reins on everything design-related, bless him!

Post a Comment