Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vacation Planning: Gangam Style

Alan and I will be heading off to Seoul this summer for my brother's 1 (of 2!) weddings. We've been excitedly planning the trip and were stoked to have recently discovered airbnb. Have you heard of it? "Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences" around the world.
My sweet brother and soon-to-be sis when they met in Seoul!
The apartment we booked is in the heart of Gangnam (yes, like the song) which is apparently one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Seoul. Instead of spending $300+ a night for five nights at a hotel, we're staying in this brightly lit high-rise apartment for just $80/night.








I've heard great things about airbnb so we're really excited to try it out. Have you airbnb'd? This ginormous Bowery loft that sleeps 14 (!) would be so fun, and affordable, for a girls trip in the city!

p.s. The first time I visited Seoul I pretended I was "Roxy Ripa" and recorded footage documenting our adventures. My brother, LT, made it into these three (ridiculous) videos 1, 2, 3.
ChinkyGirLMeL said...

wow, the place looks great. I've been wanting to go to Korea since like forever. The fiance and I might be going there for our honeymoon. Have fun in Korea! Oh and congrats on your borther's wedding!

Angel Y. | Static-Romance said...

I love airbnb! It's definitely how I will be planning all of my trips from now on. That apartment looks gorgeous! I would love to take a trip to Seoul some day.

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

How exciting!! What a great trip! I can't wait to hear more when you get back. O yes love those apartment rentals...so much more bang for your buck :)

yeaji said...

Airbnb is great and worth it! I hope you enjoy seoul :) Hav fun in Korea! Congrats on your brother & linah's wedding!

Post a Comment