Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekend Outfit: Lilly of the Islands

Lilly Pulitzer can sometimes read a little young, but choose a floor length dress with an interesting neckline and you won't feel like a 19 year old sorority girl at the Carolina Cup. (No offense...I am just wayyy out of college!) 

This bright neon dress with pretty lace detailing and keyhole neckline feels sophisticated and playful, like it's made for Palm Beach, the tropics, cocktail hours, dinner party hostessing, and general frolic. And I love that it was pulled from Lilly's vintage design vault and Palm Beach in the 50s. I was so inspired by that era when designing my bar carts and hostess gowns. Retro-chic!
samantha ramage said...

looks gorgeous on you! and is that a heart shaped purse or fan to go with?

xo
sami

FripperyVintage said...

Love Lilly Pulitzer, the clothes really capture an era. I have some great vintage jewelry that would look fab with that dress!

Unknown said...

So chic! Lilly's designs from the 50's and 60's are my favorites! I have some vintage pieces from my grandmother that I adore!

Post a Comment