Monday, February 8, 2010

LOVE Vintage.

I believe there's nothing like a vintage piece to add flair and personal style to any outfit. I LOVE my pairs of baubly clip-on earrings, clutches with unique clasps, and art-deco cocktail rings. There's a certain feeling when you put something on that you're quite sure nobody else will have, like you're keeping the most delightful secret in plain view for all to see! This past weekend I spiced up my outfits with subtle vintage touches: a beautiful, hand-painted cuff from my grandmother's jewelry box to add some whimsy to a flowy, peasant sleeve blouse and a pair of green beaded clip-on earrings to add some snazz to my husband's (borrowed ;) classic white oxford.

My favorite place to treasure hunt for these vintage delights is NYC, and I make it a point to map out several shops (as well as my old haunts!) before I set foot on that lovely little island. Although Manhattan and vintage items are absolutely My Cup of Te, it's also not realistic to hop on a plane every month because trust me I've tried! Here are some vintage/"inspired" items (that can be found online) to tide you, and me, over until that next jaunt to the big city :)

Oversize vintage watch by La Mer
image via lamercollections.com

Oliver Peoples "Sabina" sunglasses on Zooey Deschanel (love her!)

image via monicais.com

Nicole Richie's 60's and 70's inspired jewelry line: House of Harlow
image via www.refinery29.com

Bronze and Gold Chain Clutch on Etsy.com (forget the inspired part- Etsy can feed your need for real vintage! *Pic is hyperlinked!)


Gray and white bead clip-on earrings! These look EXACTLY like my green beaded earrings! And the price...$3 :)
image via www.sorrelsunflower.com