Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Place- Grand French Doors

RELENTLESS! What is this Chinese water torture day?! Hammering, drilling, stomping- are they building a replica of the freakin Taj Mahal upstairs?!

Very close to jumping off my balcony, pulling my hair out (which I'm pretty sure would not be a good look for me), screaming at the noises as if they would magically cease and respond, "We're sorry Rox. We're sorry for making your brain turn into mush this morning. We will be quiet now"- I grabbed my laptop and ran as fast as I could to the 1st floor of our building where there is free WiFi, calming elevator music (at this point, I will even take the women of The View screaming, bickering, and talking over each other), flat screens, and free Starbucks coffee...

RELIEF...

Feeling more than a little frazzled, I think it's time to pay a visit to my Happy Place...

Beautiful Parisian apartment in comforting, creamy neutrals..ahhh


Another impeccable Parisian haven- home of designer Jacques Grange

In my Happy Place I would wake up to the warm sun streaming through fabulous floor to ceiling French doors dressed in dramatic drapes. The only noises to speak of would be little chirping birdies and the soft sound of a delicious spring breeze wafting in...

I will most definitely have to have floor to ceiling French doors one day. For now, I'm satisfied dreaming of them- in peace and quiet. *sigh*

UPDATE: I spoke to our concierge- the noise driving me to near insanity is no longer a mystery- it's a JACK HAMMER. awesome.
Sniff said...

Gorgeous! I love French doors!

Linda said...

very fantastic! congrats!!!
kisses!

Post a Comment