Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Food Adventures: Leftover Lunch

There are many things that make up my Cup of Te, and cooking is one of them! I'm an adventurous eater and love to fearlessly try new recipes! My food adventures don't always end well (tripe, gag me, never again, I'd rather eat dirt), but last night was a delightful success!

I whipped up cauliflower coconut mash and am loving the leftovers for lunch! I'm by no means a vegetarian, (after all I adore antipasto plates, Eastern BBQ, and an occasional steak), but I always welcome innovative, tasty ways to prepare veggies! I discovered this recipe over at Adrienneats, a sincere and informative blog, that offers up creative vegetarian dishes that can be enjoyed by anyone who likes to get their daily serving of veggies! The author, who I actually went to high school with, has a knack for food photography and pairs her recipes with blurbs on the nutrients from which you will benefit! So not only can you give yourself props for trying something new, but you can also feel good about what you're doing for your body!

Have you eaten your veggies today?
Heart Charlie said...

Wow...that cauliflower coconut mash looks amazing!! Definitely a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes (which I Looove :)) Thanks for the tip and I will definitely have to go check out your friend's blog ;)

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I'm impressed, that looks delish! Wish I could cook!!! XO
P.S. Your bikes sound amazing---I'm so envious!

thais said...

just found your adorable blog and became a follower :) I will come back for more of your cooking

megara said...

umm hello LOVE YOUR BLOG. can i follow? :)

freshbrownies.blogspot.com

Roxy Te said...

yes, please!!! I'm BEYOND excited. thanks girlies for stopping by! Can't wait to see what fresh brownies is all about!! Once again, my night has been made..two for two nights..life is good! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post, Rox :) Glad you like the cauliflower! It's a nice alternative to potatoes.

Post a Comment