Friday, March 19, 2010

In My Cup of Te...


If you have read my profile, it says it all! But in case you haven't, I'm on a little journey to find the me that I felt I lost working for "the man!" I was in a bad place, and needed some serious changes in my life and with a quickness! I started out by buying a sketchbook to fill with thoughts, magazine tears, basically anything I encountered throughout the day that brought a smile to my face. :) Next, and partly because I read the book The Big Idea by Donny Deutsch, I sat down and made a list of all things that bring joy to my life! I decorated the very first page of my brand new sketchbook with a quick sketch of "My Cup of Te" followed by all the happiness inducing items that made it to my list!! I love my "happy list" and often stop to read it when reaching for my sketchbook!

The reason I'm sharing all this is because in just reading my happy list there is happiness, and I want to share that with you! Once a week I will pick one or a few items that made the list and dedicate a post- in hopes that you will be inspired as I have been!

And FINALLY without further adieu, first up is..... Dining Al Fresco!!!!! On the eve of a weekend that promises 70 degree plus weather, all I can think of is being outside. Wouldn't you??


In My Cup of Te...


...the perfect lighting consists of flickering candles- everywhere, and
especially suspended in Mason jars...

...tables magically light up and dinner is served by the sea..
...all I need is a little space a.ka. a sidewalk in Aix
and une table pour deux s'il vous plait...
...wine is chased by a vineyard's sunset
and the day is bid farewell amongst friends...

Happy Friday, dears!
Rox
Jodi Kendall said...

this is awesome! We're actually headed to a patio for dinner tonight :) A great place to be at peace, enjoying the outdoors in the company of great friends & family.

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Ahhh great minds think alike! That last picture is to die for. Hope you have a lovely weekend my dear! XOXO Katie

Andee said...

Rox, I love that cup and I love the idea of writing down things that make you happy! It really keeps you on track and keeps your mind in the right place.
I know its not the same thing, but I've been writing down what I've been eating for the past month and keeping track of my caloric intake. I have to be in shape for KC debut! haha can't wait until we meet again, miss you!

Sniff said...

Oh...I love these pictures. I'm so looking forward to being able to sit outside for meals and drinks.

Post a Comment