Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's still poetry month..Beat that beat up...

{ via }

Well, maybe not beating that beat Jersey Shore style,

but beats, yes.

Are song lyrics not POETRY set to music?

Isn't it amazing how a song...

...turns the most hopeless of MOODS around

...inspires a smile

...makes you wanna LOVE on someone special.

..marks a memory like it was just yesterday

...makes you SHAKE what your momma gave you even if it's ALONE. in your room. ;)

...or comforts you when you just need to know someone else has been there too?

That's poetry if you ask me!

Here are some current beats on my (all over the place, but mellow for sure!) playlist...best paired with a few glasses of red...

Goodnight and Go - Imogen Heap (She writes her lyrics in the heat
of the moment, ask me about my pen and moleskine...)
Satellite Heart- Anya Marina (Calling all emo Twilight fans)
Electric Feel- MGMT (Whoever made this video was tripping...on acid. No doubt.)
It's Good to be in Love- Frou Frou (Their name won me over before I even heard the music.)
I need a Dollar- Aloe Blacc (Theme song to my new fave, How to make it in America)
Bette Davis Eyes- Kim Carnes (Love the 80's. Reminds me of the subway in NYC...a regular on my "Metro Mix")
Little Bit- Lykke Li and Drake remix (Sweeeeet beats. My brother who I call the music man sent this to me- if you need a refresher to your playlist- he's the one to call!!)
Shawty it's your Booty- Qwote (my gf, LC, performed a ridiculous dance to this over mango margs. Hilar.)
Look After You- The Fray (The piano? Violin, is it? I'm a hot mess over them)
Somewhere Only We Know- Keane (Again, the piano...i die.)
The Time Is Now- Moloko ("Let's make this moment last!" Must've been my Myspace header for years...it still may be.)
Meet Me at the Equinox- Death Cab for Cutie (damn, another one goes to New Moon)
Eet- Regina Spektor (obvi, it's Regina)
I Feel It All- Feist (another fantastic suggestion by the music man)
Strawberry Swing- Coldplay (dancing barefoot on the grass with my girls on a hot summer night :)

What's your current playlist like darlings? Mellowed out? Hyped? Love songs? Sad songs?
I obviously got carried away so it's your turn- Do tell! I love it all.
lawrence said...

ohhh..moloko - the time is now! ive got that one on the playlist as well!! ill have to send you some more!

Unknown said...

Right now really into some old school Stevie Wonder...but this changes daily!

The Jodi(e)s said...

To me music is allllmost the ultimite form of poetry. I am obsessed! Everything has a soundtrack, every person has their own designated tune.
What a list! Bette Davis Eyes is CLASSIC. Definitely Metro Mix worthy.
I have almost the exact same memories to Strawbery Swing. Such a dreamy, gorgeous, midsummer's night song.

zephyrsarah said...

music is most certainly poetry set to music. some of my favorite poets are song-writer/musicians. ani difranco, bob dylan, alison sudol, lou reed... :)
love regina spektor, eet is such a fun song, that whole record is brilliant! so glad you shared you playlist!!

Post a Comment