Friday, August 20, 2010

I love Men Part II

On my way to kickboxing this morning, I heard on the radio that today is National Men's Grooming Day.  Have you ever heard of such?  Shouldn't men, and all of us for that matter, groom everyday?  Next thing you know, there will be a National Take a Shower Day. A National Brush Your Teeth Day.  A National Breath Day.  Although this holiday is almost as pointless as Valentine's Day (Remember? I am NOT a fan) and sometimes I do like making up my own holidays, I thought I'd use it as an opportunity to share eye candy of very well groomed men in an old guest post I did back in Feb.!  It's called I Love Men.

When I say I love "men" this is not a general blessing that extends to everyone, so don't high five your buddies just yet! ;)

I'm not loving on all men or just any man (unless of course, your name starts with an A and ends with a -lan), I'm referring to the well-dressed MAN (note the capitals) oozing with personal style, charm, and confidence. I'm by no means an expert on menswear, and every girl has her personal faves, but I think it's safe to say all us ladies can agree on several things...
1. There is never a situation where trying too hard and Ed Hardy are acceptable.
2. Tattooing the car you drive down the side of your body is not going to make us want to ride in it more- so just don't.
3. Personal style is key. If I can't tell the difference between you and your "brothers" please go home and re-think your outfit in an original way. Thanks.
4. It takes a special guy to rock the skinny look and if it's not you there would be several grateful parties involved if you would just stick to the classics.
5. Unless your name is Kobe, Lebron, or Dwight Howard, basketball jerseys do not constitute as everyday sportswear.
6. No explanation needed.

I could go on, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words! Here is a sampling of these oh so stylish "Men" that I speak of...
 
It is fantastic when you put on a fun pair of sneakers with a would be basic ensemble. 
 
Pushed up sleeves may feel funny, but they sure don't look it. 

 
Matchy matchy is never good.  Love the pocket square without the cheesy matching tie.

Just another suit, you say?  Well Mr.Serious Suit has some flair of his own which leads me to think he can have a good time too.  Check out his stacked bracelets.


 
The modern Gatsby?
Grandpa's got major style too.

Happy National Men's Grooming Day! Hope you enjoyed round II!  
{To see the original post see here.}
{via The Sartorialist}
TeReSa said...

The pocket squares shown might work for fashion, but the ones here just might work for individualism.
http://www.PocketSquareZ.com
Let me know what you think?

Unknown said...

I just lol'ed over the Ed Hardy, Mr. Deer and I were just at the mall and we were talking about d-bag Ed Hardy is! Cute post! XX!

Post a Comment