Thursday, January 6, 2011

Champers and Cake!


Oh, whatever to do with your leftover champers?! That is if you didn't toast, toast, and toast again on the nigh' of new year! Well lovers, it's 2011, and I say, have your cake (a 1000 layer cake via Sweet Paul at that!), eat it too, then wash it down with a vintage cocktail- the French 75! I made this bubbly delight at a birthday party a few weekends ago, and it was all the rage judging by the empty bottles and good cheer all around!

p.s. Did you know the French 75 was named after the 75 millimeter, the go to gun of the French Artillery, in WWI? How's that for a stiff drink?
Kristen said...

anything with champagne sounds like my cup to te :) thank you so much for the adorable little package, it was waiting for me when I got home from work this morning! xo

Deanna Pai said...

Champagne is my drink of choice -- some alcohol makes me wince, but champagne is always guaranteed to be sweet and yummy. And I'm officially in deep love with your blog!

Katie @ Goodsy Blog said...

Even if I didn't love champange (veuve cliquot please!) your beautiful photos would be enough to entice me to try! :)

Katie @ Goodsy

audrey marie said...

just found your blog via design darling. its lovely! i particularly love the shoot you did with your family!!

http://alovelyescape.blogspot.com

Jessie said...

loved seeing you at design darling. i cannot wait to see what 2011 has in store for you!

Roxy Te said...

Kristen- I'm so excited you love it! I took extra special care in wrapping it ;)

Katie & Audrey- Your sweet comments have made my day! It was definitely a small labor of love and so fun to spend a day with my family playing dress up!!

Rebecca @ Poshery said...

Gorgeous blog - love everything about it. You seem like such a sweetie!

*** said...

French 75 is one of my absolute favorite cocktails. These photos make me long for one right now.

Have a fabulous day, sweetie!

xoxo

Jen said...

Leftover champers?? Nope, doesn't exist in my house!! ;-)

Happy Thursday Dear!

Oh, and have entered my EmersonMade giveaway yet?

jessica // union shore said...

i'm your newest follower! :) so glad i found your fabulous blog! i'll be a regular for sure! xo

www.creativeindexblog.blogspot.com

Gorgeous Glam said...

Good luck finding any leftover champs in my house lol! mimosas hello! these look great! hugs doll ;)-Keep it Glam!

thais said...

these both look delish! and that 'cake' is divine. you and your great finds :)

Alicia Lund said...

ooh the French 75 sounds great! and i'll take a slice of cake too ;) xx

Jin said...

simply delicioso!!! I love your blog Roxy!!
Let's play sometime soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Takk for en interessant blogg

Post a Comment