Thursday, December 1, 2011

How the Duchess was born...

Deciding below with my cutter and sewer, Janie (who I've known since before my baby sis was born!) where to place the patterns for my Society Social Duchess who eventually won the honor of Orangerie! We decided not to center spot to eliminate as much waste as possible, and I really like how the repeats aren't identically placed on each chair. I feel that a little less "put together" adds balance and a bit of charm to such a sophisticated print.
We used a double self welt for the seat back border because you seriously just cannot get enough of this fabric and then were off to upholstery! Abel has been so wonderful in helping me with all my diy (ahem, do-it-someone else) projects and as always did an impeccable job despite me excitedly watching over his shoulder!
Not long after, there was happy dancing! I'm just so smitten with how the Duchesses turned out!

Earlier this week my tufted ottoman went through the same process. I chose a cut velvet geo pattern for a tactile element, and I'm loving how the "citrine" acts as more of a neutral to ground the over-the-top accent chairs.

Well, what do you think? pssst! I'm planning on adding many more fabrics to the Society Social site (this being one of them. not so bad being the guinea pig ;) would love to know if you agree!
Jenny in Jacquard said...

It looks absolutely amazing! Lovelovelove the ottoman!

Anonymous said...

those are insanely gorgeous!! not that i'm surprised :)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Beautiful job.
http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Anonymous said...

Beyond gorgeous! It's better that the pattern is in a different spot, it makes it look custom, which it is! I want to take a professional upholstery class so much (someday!)

Ann Burr said...

I love these chairs. I love everything about them. I want to marry them (yes both of them. We'll move to Utah or something. Don't judge).

XOXOXO
ABC

Mr. Baxter Brown said...

These are what every girl fantasizes about! Ah-mazing!

Sadie + Stella said...

Ohhh I beyond agree. Dying over all of this! You are so talented it is sickening! Get. It. Girl.

Lilacandgrey said...

Those are DROP DEAD!

Shannon said...

Gorgeous and sophisticated! These chairs are amazing...great job!

www.dylandrake.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

WOW, those chairs turned out beautifully...well done!

Genuinely,
Kelly
http://helloboudreau.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Beeeuuitiful

Behind the Lashes said...

They're beautiful!!! I agree on not having them lined up perfectly.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Orangerie!!! Le Swoon.

Lindsey Suggs said...

They are grogeous, Roxy!! And so charming. I love them. Great job!

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

I LOVE those! They came out gorgeous

Post a Comment