Friday, May 25, 2012

4 Years Ago


I met Alan when I was 19. Yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary. Doesn't that sound crazy?! To celebrate we went to a simple dinner at our most favorite restaurant in the West Village. Our sweet friend Wes who is also the rockstar chef  ;) behind the restaurant always goes out of his way to make sure everything from the food to the timing is pure perfection.  We were already feeling so grateful and blessed when to our utmost surprise the table beside us picked up our bill with the reasoning that "you guys are great! Enjoy your anniversary!"  What?!  We were stunned and touched beyond words.  It was all I could do not to burst into tears.  I'm definitely guilty of getting caught up in the day to day and the random gesture of kindness by people we had only known for a short (but lovely!) evening reminded me what life is really all about.

I hope that by sharing a little tidbit of our night, I've inspired you to take a step back, to take a look around at this beautiful world, to count your blessings, and to perhaps pay it forward even if in the smallest of ways. I know I will be :)
Amber said...

Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it has been 4 years!!! xoxo

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Awe I think I just shed a tear (on the inside.) Such a true message! I will do my best to carry that thought with me for the rest of the day.

Happy anniversary Dear!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Yesterday was our anniversary too! 9 years!!! Congrats to you guys! And so special that someone was so thoughtful. So so nice meeting you this week! xo

Unknown said...

That is too freaking cute! And you guys are absolutely adorable ;) Happy anniversary and enjoy the long weekend! P.S. More dates asap are a MUST! xx

ashley cooper said...

Congrats on your anniversary! So glad to see your sweet note on Design-Parlor! (Thanks!) Glad to back in the blogging world and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for checking out my designs--I loved the feedback! It means a lot coming from someone with such great taste! Your just the sweetest! Have a great day, dear!

Sierra said...

I love stories like this. Happy ANNIVERSARY! This little act of kindness by a stranger will sure make it memorable. We are celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the 5th. Last year we had a family emergency, so we are looking forward to this one.

Thanks for sharing!

his little lady said...

aw, you are both absolutely adorable! happy 4 years!!!!
xo TJ

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Happy anniversary! You two make a beautiful couple.

Nat said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet story and a great remind to slow down and really take life in, its the simple acts of kindness like this that make it even more special!

Danie at Pasadya said...

Oh my gosh! Happy Anniversary to you both! That's so special. That is the sweetest thing when a sweet couple pays for meals worth celebrating. I would have cried too, don't worry.

My husband's and my first anniversary is coming up on the 28th, and I can't believe it's already been almost one year. So, naturally, I feel connected with you in a happy way. :) I agree that it's amazing to pay it forward...that's always something I've admired.

Mimi said...

aww, this was such a beautiful post! happy happy 4th anniversary to you guys! i wish you many many more happy years together! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway -- Open internationally!

Albertina said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful evening you had. I'm sure your meal was delicious. You looked beautiful too.

Unknown said...

I totally shed a tear or two there!!! What an incredible evening :) Happy Anniversary to you both! XO brynn

Julia D. said...

Happy anniversary! That sounds like such a sweet gesture, I absolutely love those types of stories. Random Acts of Kindness are wonderful to receive and even more fun to pass along.

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wow, really impressed at this random act of kindness but I can understand: you guys are great and certainly very cute together! :)

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

Congrats, Roxy! So nice to get a glimpse of your dinner with your lovely husband. I agree too that it's important to step back and appreciate this beautiful world and blessings around us. XO

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Happy Anni darlin!! I love that first photo of you two!

Post a Comment