Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Picture Book

I had the most lovely weekend at home in North Carolina. It's hard to coordinate a busy family of six (we normally span 4 different states!), but we all happened to be in the same place at the same time for once. We've been having lots of family dinners and family activities. I think my parents are loving every second of it :) 
When we used to go out to eat when I was younger we would all chuckle when the hostess called our name "Te Party of Six, your table is ready." Get it? Tea party? 
All five of us showed up to our neighborhood's tourney to cheer on my sister on Saturday. We grew up playing tennis just about every week of our lives, and she's carrying the torch. She's got a killer serve. 
The only time we had to split up was for a wedding on Saturday. I helped my mom put her hair up into a classic chignon and I think she just looked so beautiful in her outfit. It's a traditional filipino barong that's handpainted with flowers. Her late dear friend designed it! 
With the other half of the family out, my sister and I took full advantage and made a delish dinner at home. We busted open a crisp, light riesling and put together a salad of goat cheese, walnuts, and strawberries!
After dinner our friend and neighbor picked us up in his golf cart. He came with two bottles of wine on ice and to go cups. It was too cute, I think he has a crush on my sis ;) My crazy best friend who also happened to be home joined in. Nothing like a breezy summer night cruisin' around the neighb. It was the best and such a nice switch up from the city!
The wedding that was actually in my neighb had an ahhh-mazing fireworks show. (I had my reception there too!) We parked the cart to watch right as my mom called to ask us to pick up my brothers. Needless to say there was a mini detour before we scooped them up. Whoops! If you can't tell, they secretly wish the bff was part of the fam!
Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend too!! See you on Monday!
Julia D. said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend at home. You and your family are too cute! Glad you had such a relaxing time away from the city and got to catch up with some loved ones.

You outfit in the second photo is gorg, by the way! LOVE that you took wine with you in to-go cups, genius! Those photo booth pictures are precious!

Lilacandgrey said...

looks like fun! I love throwing strawberries in salads!

Lindsey Suggs said...

Too fun! Glad y'all had a good weekend together!

Post a Comment