Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekend Picture Book

Alan and I have made it a ritual to go on a date the first night I return from business trips. Friday was gorgeous, breezy and cool, so we decided to walk about until we stumbled upon a restaurant that piqued our interest. "Celebrate your day with Rosé!" on a sidewalk chalkboard was all it took :) With its warm ambiance and delectable menu, I have a feeling La Follia is going to be a reg!
This came in the mail. Do you have one? With all of New York's parks and summer outdoor events, I'm determined to put it to good use. At 60 x 60, it's perfect for two :)
I woke up early on Saturday all gung-ho about parkin' it. With new picnic blanket, a stack of magazines, and snacks we were off to Madison Square Park only to find the lawn was closed for maintenance! (wah wah wah) We made it work with lunch beside the fountain!
Have you been to the Union Square Green Market? They have the best produce from local New York farms and vendors. If not to buy, (you have to be in the mood because the crowds are cray!), then to at least look.
The abundance of greens, reds, purples, and yellows is intoxicating!
Alan loves carrots. He buys the full grown ones (not the babies) and eats them like Bugs Bunny. It makes me laugh.
Today we biked for what seemed like forever around Central Park. The grounds were teeming with festivities and we loved being a part of it. I'll be blogging about it this week in a new My Cup of Te series focusing on marriage and trying new things together, I hope you'll love :) 
p.s. Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there and to one special one. Dad, you're my inspiration!!
Anonymous said...

My hubby is nutso over carrots too! We go through a large bag of those baby carrots every week! He eats them breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks...it's amusingly strange. ;)

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/

Julia D. said...

That's such a sweet tradition. I can imagine it must be pretty important to find regular ways to maintain your marriage when you're on the go so often, can't wait for the series! That picnic blanket is adorable, by the way. If NYC's weather continues to cooperate like it appears to have this weekend, I'm sure it will come in handy. Everything from that market looks delish, too bad I don't live closer or I'd definitely check it out!

Post a Comment