Wednesday, October 10, 2012

NYC Apartment Update

Can you believe we're still talking about this a year later? I wish I could say I was done but (insert 1 million excuses) I am not. After gawking and obsessing over a bajil images like this...
this...
this...and we can't forget the image that started it all here...

...I finally found one of my own that is gorgeous and ("and" being the operative word) affordable. I've looked for months but that X, 000+ price tag was not even in the same universe as my real life budget. The sputniks that were affordable (barely) were too modern and not enough mid-century. The vintage ones I found were in horrific shape. Then I found Tom.
The dear retiree who builds chandeliers because he simply enjoys it, which makes my little find that much more special! Tom and I have had the most amiable correspondence via phone and email and I highly suggest you visit his shop. In fact, if you're in the market, you must. Tom loves what he does and you will be able to tell :) This little sputnik baby will be hanging over our bed very soon! 

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

SO happy that you got your chandelier. And I feel like this custom one will me much better than the outrageous expensive one!

Anne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that you finally found an affordable sputnik! Can't wait to see how it looks in the space.

Lindsey Suggs said...

Such a great find!!! Hoping you'll show us the finished product when it goes up in your fabby place!

Unknown said...

AMAZING. I'm dying to put a chandelier above my bed!


www.carlyonqueue.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Awesome! You can eat off the floor, but as long as you've got a Sputnik on the ceiling, consider your place decorated.

Post a Comment