Friday, January 3, 2014

Spiked Hot Chocolate

Y'all. I am not bred for this type of weather. I'm an Asian Pacific Islander raised in North Carolina and a good ol' southern winter means lows in the 30s and 40s. I woke up on this glorious morning to the effects of an Arctic air mass named Hercules: dainty, gorgeous snowflakes, snow what looks like would be up to my knees, and a windchill of -4. Rude. 
Why does it seem like life is going on as normal outside? Who are these people? And why are they purposely making me feel bad about myself? As I bury my head as far as physically possible into my furry snood and continue to question myself as a functioning human being, survival mode begins to kick in.
Obviously chocolate and booze top my list of necessary provisions. In these conditions, really there is nothing else to do but to lure friends over (for company and body heat) for spiked hot chocolate, a snuggle palette, and a movie marathon. Who's in?

{Spiked Hot Chocolate Bar}
Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Well this looks tasty! Perfect for a snow day :)

Kimberly of Kimberly Lewis Home said...

Hot chocolate and a movie marathon sounds right up my alley although as a New England girl I do love the snow! :)

Alexa said...

Oh goodness this sounds like perfection. Especially during the winter months.

Post a Comment