Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Ree-tone?" More like Re...

Let's be serious folks, home girl did much more than slip on those silly little easy toners to get a tooshie like that!

Being quite active myself, I can't help but to scoff at the totally whack commercials and ads that I'm seeing everywhere featuring capital T-toned, to die for BUMS! Seriously, they are getting on my last nerve so I've decided to share what they don't list in the FINE PRINT...

1) Home girl got part of it from her momma. OR, in other words genetics plays a huge role in your body type aka what you've got to work with, or your starting point, AND it's something you canNOT change! (If I'm remembering college nutrition correctly, next comes gender, level of activity, and lastly the amount of water you consume, but don't quote me ;)

2) EASY tone my a**! There really is no such thing as an easy tone. I'm a staunch believer in the paradigm that what you put
INto your workout is for the most part what you get OUT and prancing around in those ridiculous looking shoes will not land you in the next print ad for Skechers or Reebok. If you even wanna come close to looking like that you cannot avoid a visit to the gym and some type of lunge, squat, or cardio. Sorry ladies.

3) What you put
in your mouth is what you wear on your hips--afterall, as Shakira would say, Hips really don't lie. Ms. Bootylicious probably goes easy on the cupcakes, croissants, and all white carbs. She probably also sticks to lean meats, lots of fruit and veggies, complex carbs, no fast food, and plenty of h2o!

I realize these kicks might be a step (ha, cheesy pun intended) in the right direction, but too many people are going to frantically rush to the store expecting their rear end to somehow magically morph into what they see in the picture or on the TV!! "Reetone?" How about Ree- well I will let you finish that since I don't like to say that word!

Phew, I just had to get that out! I promise I'm stepping off my soapbox now...anyways, it's about that time of the morning where you can always find me kickboxing ;)
xoxo!
Amber said...

Should have read this before cramming that special k bar down my throat (chocolatey pretzel haha). I should also go back to curves!!! next week... I promise ;)

Anonymous said...

let it out, girl. i give this post one huge 'AMEN'!

Unknown said...

You're so right on with this one! And lets throw in those silly "fit flops" too, everyone around here wears them, it makes me twitch!

The Jodi(e)s said...

This is so rediculous! I agree it is a good starting point and a good addition to any workout regimen but there are never any shortcuts to looking great, feeling great, and being genuinely fit. Preach it sista!

meg fee said...

oh i know, i know you're right. and yet i still want some. euf, is that bad. but you're right!

i can't wait to hear about your breakfasts from ny begin this summer! what fun. good luck!

xo

Post a Comment