Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Fall Wedding {Pink and Fig}

This stunning wedding shoot has been saved under my favorites for quite sometime. It's titled "Pink and Fig." Doesn't that sound so much more lovely than pink and purple? The latter makes me think of a cheesy Valentine's Day card and the former...well, you'll see...
This shoot was posted in August, but the velvety burgundys and deep purples make for a rich, sumptuous color palette, that for me, is so reminiscent of Fall.  And we all know Fall is my fave! I would've died to get married during the Autumn season, but due to the silly college football schedule, and the fact if I had gotten married in this month like I had wanted, I would've been one brother down. Pumpkins? Brother? You can probably guess who won that debacle. Let's be serious, there really was no debacle between an inanimate object and my own flesh and blood...

Do you have a season in which you'd much prefer to say your vows?  One that you would shed a tear over if you couldn't have your way? Yes, I cried over a pumpkin. Actually 6 or so...who knew there were so many varieties!

{Via Bonnie Tsang Photography}
Dreamy Princess said...

I love the colors! The flowers look so pretty and alive(:

I've never felt 4 seasons before, but from the movies, pictures and stories I knew, I'd prefer spring or summer to say my vows. In the beach or garden for sure xp

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess
~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

20 YORK STREET said...

These are absolutely beautiful! When I get married, I sure hope the memories would be captured this way!

p.s. did I ever tell you much I love your blog?

besos,

Win a Banana Republic Statement Necklace at:

20 YORK STREET

bananas. said...

very pretty. the colors may be rich but i think they are perfect for both fall and summer. great choice by the bride!

Jin said...

My Dream is to get married in October! I love Fall, the sun is always shining and the weather is perfect.

Trixie said...

Thanks for your comments! These photos are so beautiful... makes me want to get married too :P Haha Too bad I have no one to get married to ... *sigh* such is life.

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Beautiful wedding!

yasmin said...

Fall for sure! October to be exact, and now after seeing this I may know what colors to use! The photos are amazing!

Amber said...

I prefer spring, but I'm sure you probably knew that... ;)

I do love looking at other wedding photos though, even now after it's all over. I guess I'll like to look at them forever. xoxo

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i love all the details, like the p by the alter, which is beautiful! the pictures are great and i really appreciate the fact that they are so original and not the same 'ol same 'ol wedding poses you usually see.

Melissa said...

I adore the colors. The deep reds and purples are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Serving pink drinks (whilst wearing white) was a brave thing to do...! We got married in June!

Truly Smitten said...

If I could do a redo - I'd love to have it in Fall!...like the warm part of fall =)

Post a Comment