Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Martha Stewart I don't care if you served jail time Part II {A Spooky Spread}

 {A pumpkin, a Scot, a cheerleader, a sailor, and ladybug, and one more cheerleader on top makes for a perfect pyramid *Note: please excuse my place as the interiors were and still are a work in progress!} 

About this time last year, I had just stuck it to the man (much sweeter than you could ever imagine, even if you do, er I mean did, work for Jet Blue), and I went a little overboard with all the free time on my hands. I've always loved Halloween to begin with so this was the perfect opportunity to invite my friends over and put my pent up energy to work!

Speaking of the devil, she was on Oprah the day after I wrote about her, in all her Martha Stewart brilliance, and all the treats and goodies below can be credited to her creative genius, or maybe just all the time she spent in the slammer...

From what was questioned to be a Matzah ball, (Queens and Brooklyn re-pruuhh-sent! Thanks for guessing Jenn and S&S!)

turned out to be a pumpkin sitting in a pumpkin patch!
{Pure cheese mixed together in a food processor topped with the butt of a broccoli stalk! For the "hay," which was my idea, thank you very much, add Triscuits!}

Happy Owl-a-ween! 
{All you need are moon pies, brown m&m's (it was fun to eat the rest of the colors!), oreos, candy corn, and melted chocolate for your "glue"}

And voila!
{Finish with Popsicle sticks and pretty ribbon!}

Goodie bags, you say?
{How adore are these candy-stuffed brooms?!}

I got quite a kick out of them myself...
{You're a witch looking for a broom too? Martha's got ya girl}

For a savory versus sweet treat, my "muenster" (get it monster? bwahaha) eye sausage balls!
{I didn't have my own picture of the cooked version, so you can see Southern Living for the image and the recipe!} 
 
And last, but not least, my mini witch hats...
{For the witch hats you'll need hershey's kisses, frosting, and fudge cookies}

{I heart pumpkins! Even in the form of my baby sister.}

Phew, now that was a long one! I hope one of y'all got a good idea or two ;) And whatever you decide to do, or be, this year my loves, I hope you have as much fun as I did planning my Spooky Spread.
 
Cheers luvies, 
Roxy
Jenni@Story of My Life said...

WOW!!! I am IMPRESSED!!! You go girl!! :)

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

OMG...how cute are you?? I want to be a guest at this party!!

Jiye
http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com/

jenn from midlife modern said...

I love it!! I can't believe someone else guess Matzoh ball--hilarious! Everything is so adorable. I may have to steal the witch's brooms goodie bags. That looks easy, cheap and super cute. I'm sure those sausage eyeballs are tasty, but man do they look gnarly! Are you having one this year?

PS: You and I have nearly the same exact paint color in our living rooms. Is yours called "Blue Smoke?"

Natalie said...

Looks like so much fun, what a perfect party! You are seriously Martha (minus the jail part).

Anonymous said...

What a great pyramid, you're all fab! I am sooo looking forward to Halloween!

Mikelle Jade said...

I love how festive you are. Seriously, you inspire me. I love the pumpkin, I never would've thought to die your hair green! How clever!

20 YORK STREET said...

I love it when people actually take the time to decorate, dress up and be festive! There's not many times in a year that you can be whoever you want to be! Still thinking about my costume for this year's Halloween!

The BR Statement Necklace give-away ends tonight! I'm so excited drawing the winner though I wish a lot of people can win! =)

Stay tuned for today's post though... very exciting news!

Yola Couture RTW and Fabulous Give-Away!

Melissa said...

That "Matzoh-Ball" pumpkin is so cute, haha!! Thanks for the shoutout hun, love it! The decorations (and food!) all look amazing!

Vær våken said...

I love this!! And both of you are so beautiful!!:)

christine, just bella said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! Go Martha, ehem I mean, Roxy!

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

I love the little witch hats! Looks like you girls had a blast!

Post a Comment