Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Friday!

 {via}

Hi luvies! Today was my first day at the High Point furniture market. I've been going since the age of 6 so the novelty has definitely worn off- if there ever was any! I grew up playing with my brothers and sister in the back of my parents' factories, turning furniture frames into jungle gyms, working as receptionist during the summers, and now to the delight of my parents more than my own (because public speaking makes me clammy and produces a speech impediment) giving trend reports at the sales meetings.  I have to admit walking around InterHall and seeing all the new product (and imagining it in my home!) is quite inspiring so I'll try to report back like I did during spring market here, here, and here.  For now, here are some posts that are definitely My Cup of Te. Happy weekend darlings. 

17 Things Every Women's Magazine will tell you ...That you should ignore.

By far the coolest and freakiest invite (home-made people!) that I have ever laid eyes on

Exotic bubble tea served up in a southern mason jar? MMM.

I really want to be the Mad Hatter for Halloween. I'll need this skirt and a bustier as well.

If I were in NYC tonight, I would be having cocktails with Derek Lam and Jenna Lyons

Want your man to be more manly? Douse him in tobacco, whiskey, and wood

As I lay me down to sleep, please dear Lord make me as stylish and slim as any one of these ladies

"An old fashioned lady with modern needs?" Well, you neo-trad, here is laptop case just for you.

Bookcase of the Day complete with hot pink pencils and a bouquet of tulips!

Bold color and quirky eccentricity.  Mary McDonald, please give my condo a makeover

I need these booties because Rachel said so

A blog that features fantastic places for afternoon tea!

What's for dinner at your house tonight? Besides a big glass of cab, this is what's on the menu at mine...
THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Off to check out your links now. Thanks for stopping by my blog & introducing me to your wonderful one :)

Melissa said...

Have a great weekend!!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Very cute post. Happy Friday to you too!

Vær våken said...

Hi! Thank you for mentioning my blog!!!! Wow...I need to check out these other links! Thanks for your sweet comments also and have a fabulous weekend!!!

Kristin xoxo

SILVIA said...

I like your blog!!!this post is great!!!!
xx

allergic to vanilla said...

Hi Roxy, i love your Friday posts, so full of wonderful stuff I've never heard of!!

p.s thx for the linking one of your posts to my blog....so awesome, and a pleasant surprise

by the way all your Halloween treats are always making me hungry....

xo Carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I love that you grew up in High Point, too cool!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

What a great blog, thanks for stopping by mine!

I'm from TX, but we live in Charlotte now. I have yet to make it to High Point, but I guess I'm a few thousand miles closer :)

Natalie said...

Thanks for linking back to my blog! Love all of these!

Kellie Collis said...

Sounds like your weekend is going well. Loved the picture! Kellie xx

CurrentlyLoving said...

great blog!

Post a Comment