Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Recap {A pish posh of things}

I love when fashion and interiors transform elements that can be so rudimentary or even juvenile into something much more chic and glam.
{Polished polka dots} 


 {Clutter. C'est chic}

 {A mismatched masterpiece}

My working weekend could have used the same transformation of sorts. Fortunately there was a little excitement around the showroom in the form of Jane Seymour.  She came to visit yesterday and was down to earth and gracious as usual.  She got to know some of our dealers, played around with different fabrics, and made herself at home in her own collection.  Obviously celebs are real people with real lives as Ms. Seymour proved with her genuine friendliness, but I couldn't help but to think at least once of her hilarious scene in the Wedding Crashers...
{Mom and Dad with Jane who by the way is playing a cougar on How I Met Your Mother as we speak}

I kept it low key on Saturday night and opted for several glasses of wine al fresco- Fall evenings are awfully delicious and crispy! I made dinner at home and made the entire house smell like Thanksgiving- think cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, and a whole load of spices!
{Finishing touches! So excited to share the recipe..it was delish!}

I wrapped up my Sunday night by spreading the Martha Stewart love (y'all know I'm a fan) while eating enough Halloween candy to produce a stomach ache.


Aren't my spiders presh?! They made me smile as soon as I walked in the door tonight. Hope y'all had a great Monday and an excellent weekend!

{Images via The Blonde Salad, Some Form of Addiction, and Just Be Splendid}
Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Love Jane Seymour! She's beautiful!

Jin said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. Hurry and post the recipe...I'm sitting here drooling over your plate...Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Jane S looks lovely!
I got some spiders and bats yesterday... so I've got to hang them up like that! great idea...
And I also love that first pic!

Bibi said...

I love the spiders!! Think I'll make some myself, to decorate my room ^.^
The second picture (with all the clutter) indeed looks 'chic', but I would never be able to do a thing on a desk full of stuff... -___-

Melissa said...

Ummmm wine and Halloween candy? Sounds like a perfect weekend, despite the work.

And how gorgeous is Jane? So cool that you got to see her!

Gorgeous Glam said...

I love the pics and Jane is so beautiful! xoxo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I love everything about this post starting with the polka dots :) And how you described fall dinners is making me very hungry!

Post a Comment