Friday, December 24, 2010

Jane Austen is no good for gift wrapping

I could not get from point A "Austen Dresses" to point B "Her Christmas Tree Dress was the Highlight of the Party"

Yesterday as I was wrapping some last minute prezzies, I decided to put on one of my most favorite movies Pride and Prejudice- oh, Elizabeth! And dashing Mr.Darcy! It truly makes the hopeless romantic in me "incandescently happy" and after about two hours I had all of one gift successfully wrapped!  The point of the story is it reminded me of these paintings turned prints by Janet Hill Studios with which I'm beyond smitten.

To learn more about Janet and her beautiful work, see here.

And on that note, I'm sending warm wishes your way!

Merry Christmas Eve, darlings!
Courtney Erin said...

You talked me into in (it didn't take much), I'm watching Pride and Prejudice again tonight!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this movie. I might just have to put this on later.

Thanks for sharing!

<3 your newest follower, Joelle

Chloe said...

I'm reading Pride and Prejudice RIGHT NOW! Such a splendid addiction...I get sucked in to Jane Austen's work so easily.

Happy Holidays! Here's to wrapping presents and munching on cookies!

chloe ** http://flowerponychloe.blogspot.com

thais said...

I also love this movie and now I am completely in love with janet's work. so so precious!

Sniff said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Roxy. Thanks for the tip about this artist. Loved the prints she's showing on her Etsy site, I might actually buy one as I lack something on my bedroom walls.

Sniff said...

Oh well...thinking of buying one of those prints actually ended up doing it. That didn't take long to decide!

Post a Comment