Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If Kelly Wearstler and Jonathan Adler say so...

Leopard People, 1966
Columbia Steps, 2003
At the Funeral of Martin Luther King Jr., 1968
Bryant Park, 2002
Repairing the Bells of Potsdam, Germany, 1930

The New York Times asked 5 top interior designers: Vicente Wolf, Thom Filicia, Kelly Wearstler, Jonathan Adler, and Laura Kirar to choose 10 photos from their archives. The result? A smashingly curated 50 piece art collection that the style gods of the industry have basically anointed with holy water. We have their blessing, now if only I could get one of the 5 lovelies to come over...

Can you pair the photo with the designer?

Wanna buy? Click here.



1. Jonathan Adler 2. Kelly Wearstler 3. Vicente Wolfe 4. Thom Filicia 5.Laura Kirar
Heather said...

LOVE that leopard people. and I have always love the nyc park photo, too. this is a fun post!! xxoo

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so amazing:) Love those photos:) Have a fantastic day,sweetie
Kisses

Ps: I am hosting a natural cosmetics GIVEAWAY later today! Hope you’ll join in :)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love that Bryant Park picture - so cool.

P.S. I wish I was jumping on a plane headed to NYC for the next RUE party, but alas, I'm not this time. Have a blast - I'll be there in spirit!

Unknown said...

oh gosh...all the people in the park from above is AWESOME...I can see why that would be inspiring-

I am not as familiar with the others work...but J Adler...leopard people????

Fun post.
C

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

The two black & white images are so inspiring. First image definitely screamed Jonathan Adler more so then the others!

Anonymous said...

So cool!

Deanna Pai said...

The Bryant Park photo is absolutely perfect! It makes me want to run home to NYC and lie in the grass, frostbite or no frostbite.

The leopards have got to be Jonathan Adler. I'd put money on it.

Anonymous said...

love the bryant park photo and the columbia steps...makes me nostalgic!

xo,
joAnn

this free bird said...

Roxy that first one with the leopard people is so fabulous. I wish I could get that baby up on the wall in my living room...might scare off the visitors, but I'd sure have fun looking at it!

xo,
C

ever ours said...

that would be one amazing book!

samantha ramage said...

i love photography- all of these are so much fun to look at!

xo
sami

Roxy Te said...

You guys who guessed JA for the first are so money! Good eye, ladies ;)

Stephanie said...

Those photos are all so amazing! And thanks for sharing the link to the NY Times store ... I've been drooling over the prints all morning! :)

Post a Comment