Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light...

 

How many people are lucky enough to have a song titled with their name? A handful for sure, but how many of those people can say that the song is sung by Sting and about a hooker who walks the streets? Yup, me. Well to the hundreds of "original" people who thought they would be the very first to sing "Roxanne" to me, I will put on the red light...just send on over one of those delicious red coats, and I will happily hit the streets.
Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

I have a cousin named Roxanne and I just think it's the cutest name ever...you lucky duck. I may not have a song named after me, but I gladly claim the lyrics in Hotel California where they sing: "her mind is Tiffany twisted. she's got the Mercedez Benz"...xo

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

p.s. I can't spell!

Kate Gene said...

Thank you for all your awesome comments on my blog!

I laughed when I read your comment about "hitting the streets". I love what the woman in the first picture is wearing.

My friend, Sheena, gets grief whenever "Funky Cold Medina" comes on. (For the record, she is not a man. LOL!!!!)

xoxo,

Kate (a.k.a. The Mail Order Bride)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

so pretty! i'm loving fedora wearing lady with her awesome argyle socks. gotta love the attempt for originality by your songster friends, it's fab to be named after something so iconic as a Sting song. ♥

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Red coat heaven! I would not be mad if I owned all of those! Andy yes, I was at the beach in Malibu..isn't it beautiful?! xo

Natalie said...

Haha-- you have the best song for your name! In looove with these red coats.

Stephanie said...

ooohhhh love the red coats, especially the first one! And you should consider yourself lucky. I always wished there was a song associated with my name. I'd take any song - even one about a hooker! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Im so smitten with all those red coats:) I think its time for me to get one too:) happy day,sweetie

Kelsey Cunningham said...

I love these coats. Red is always such an amazing color!! I wish there was a song with my name. The only thing I can think of is Kelsey Grammar ... yeah, not that exciting, lol! Make sure you check out my giveaway! :) xoxo

Rebecca @ Poshery said...

Wow...completely in lust with that first coat. Gorgeous!

Bibi said...

Insert music: "Lady in red..." :P
Red coats are awesome btw. They look sophisticated, and original, and a bit artsy, which I like a lot ^^

Anonymous said...

always wanted a song with my name in it!

xo,
joAnn

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Hahaha too cute! I have some songs with my name in it but none as fabulous as yours :) xoxo

jenn from midlife modern said...

That first pic is my all-time favorite from the Sartorialist. I just think that the woman photographed exudes everything I want to be as a woman--confident, poised, elegant and beautiful. Love that photo.

ashley cooper said...

Roxy here is the link for that "Hollywood Regency" inspired room. There is a full house tour too, it's an amazing "Penthouse'. Have a great day dear!!

(link:) http://www.dmagazine.com/Article_Gallery/D_Home_March-Apr_2010/Kari_and_Kirby_Schlegels_WDallas_Victory_Penthouse/Kari_and_Kirby_Schlegels_W_Dallas_Victory_Space_9.aspx

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

Love these stop-you-in-your-tracks red coats! I wish there was a song named after me! HA!

pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh I've wanted a red jacket for soooo long! I have a red mini cooper, but hey you can never have too much red, passion!!!

Pssst newest follower here, and I love love love your header!

Heart Charlie said...

LOVE the red coats ;) And you do NOT look silly in your fashion posts, you look beautiful!! I wish you did post a photo of your NARS Schiap lip stick, I am so curious to see how it looks on another Asian sister ;)

this free bird said...

Roxeeee these are beautiful!! And I do love your song...all I have is a horror movie/book. Not good.

xo,
C

Ash said...

I was JUST gifted a beautiful red coat from my mother for christmas.. I absolutely love it! Every time I wear it, I instantly feel sophisticated and put together.. it's a magical coat, really... :)

Ash said...

PS I don't know any Ashley songs, but I've always loathed, like literal hatred, towards girls who had songs named after them.. I guess i always pictured their boyfriends serenading them- I can see why your case is slightly different ;) guess the grass isn't always greener..

theappletea said...

:) loving these@!!!

:)

Joyti said...

Those are gorgeous...gorgeous women, gorgeous coats, great color.

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your name...
actually it is one of the frontrunners if I ever have a little girl....
we shall see..
Anyway...think you deserve a fab red coat my dear, go out and get one!
C

Sniff said...

Oh...love, love, love the outfit in the first picture here. Hm...I actually own a red spring coat - maybe I should wear that when going to Paris? Won't be wearing stilettos though. Looks fantastic, but unfortunately very inconvenient for sightseeing around town.

christine, just bella said...

haha, too cute! I love these red coats!

The only I have named after me is apparently a possessed car from a Stephen King novel!

Samantha said...

Wow. Smashing color.

Post a Comment