Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No Scope Seoul Style Files

Remember my brother the American Expat? Well it's been super cold on the streets of Seoul lately, as in single digits, so he's been snapping photos (no-scoping to be exact, he is the master) of unsuspecting subjects and their winter shoe steez. I made the mistake of wearing my Tory flats yesterday and my little toes almost froze off! I really needed booties like the ones in the second shot on the far left. Yes, please. Either that or a hot toddy ;) How do you keep warm out and about the city?
Jin said...

yes boots are a must in the winter...I've been unsuccessful at wearing flats in the cold too...I usually end up miserable b/c I cant feel my toes. BTW Seoul looks like a super cool place to live...tell you brother to keep the pics coming :-)

Michaela said...

Some lovely boots!
http://haveyoueverfalleninlove.blogspot.com/

Roxy Te said...

Jin- I'll relay the message ;) He'll be delighted! (Do boys get delighted? hahah)

Michaela- You better believe I'm wearing extra thick socks and boots today!! Stay warm!

Tara said...

Oh man, my part of Korea has been sooo cold lately, and really windy... I think it's colder up in Seoul, though!

One thing that always makes me giggle about Korea is the fact that no matter the weather circumstances, or the location, you will ALWAYS see women in heels, and, this includes at the beach. At least the women in these pictures seem to be wearing location appropriate footwear, haha.

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

Boot lover all the way although a hot cup of something is always welcome!

Ashley said...

Since I'm on west-coast Florida, I rarely find myself needing to keep warm . . . but when I do, a Kahlua and coffee usually does the trick ;-)


Happy Tuesday!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

what a great project! looooved these pictures too. might have to attempt this one day. hehe.

Ann Jaclyn said...

ahh! i want those booties with the knit foldover!!!! -- but those might just make these "Te calves" look bigger. LOL.

milk tea + polkadots said...

I went shopping in Dongdaemun last year when I went to visit my husband's family. Koreans are so ahead of the trend (actually, all of Asia is...haha.) Those booties caught my eye too!

jenn from midlife modern said...

I just ordered a pair of hardcore, no-BS snow boots. They are so sturdy, they're actually unisex. I'm pretty sure you'd hate them. The reviews were pretty hysterical; they were all from people going on expeditions in Antarctica and pig-farmers in Alaska. My toes are gonna feel like little pigs in a blanket!!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

ahhh i love them all.

Post a Comment