Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Picture Book II LA

So I kind of realized my blog has been leaning more towards my personal adventures lately. I usually try to keep it separate, at least during the week, but it's honestly really nice to be able to share little moments with you here and there. I hope you don't mind :) I promise to try to get back to regular programming soon!

It turns out the only picture you ever really want is the picture that turns out blurry. I'm really such a huge fan of Ms. Robin Roberts...have you read her book? You should.

Did you see me and A's pics? Jane and James took part in the fun too. You can see more event pics here. Scroll right, and you'll see more of A and I!

Jane's home was near unrecognizable. We were actually sitting on top of the tennis court and decked out in Open Hearts style...

The food was to die for, but this is a photo of what happens when you are too busy mingling and making new friends to eat or really rather when the Patron is free flowing. Priorities, people. Priorities.

Do you like to day drink during vaca? I do. That smile you see is not for the cam, but for that fabulous bottle of red you can see in the mirror...

There was a LOT more eating to make up for the lack of it at the gala and because I have fantastic luck, the only restaurant we really had plans to go to was Anthony Bourdain's Philippe's. It was downtown near the Staples Center, it was also NBA All Star Weekend and sitting in traffic for an hour makes a French dip taste even better. Well that and slaw...and chili...and pickles...and pie...

There was hiking with great vistas, albeit a rainy day. I will spare you the grimy pics. Then of course more eating at the most darling brunch spot the Larchmont Bungalow. Eggs Benedict is my jam...

Before too long, I was in a food coma so I opted for my usual soy latte, but it was bigger than normal, and I was totally okay with it...

And last but certainly not least, we met an old friend and a new one at El Compadre's in West Hollywood. Good company, good food, and a mariachi band to boot!
Acbarnett said...

What a wonderful part 2 of the picture book- looks like you had a fab time and I think you've given me the push to try out Bobbi Brown!!

Jessie @ Tasty Fare, Pretty Wear said...

I made a trip to Philippe's when I was in LA this past summer - it was crazy packed, but so delicious! Your whole weekend looks like it was fab!

Deanna Pai said...

I love your weekend picture books! They let me live vicariously...although I usually get hungry about halfway through and have to dive for some cheese and crackers before I can continue. But only because the food looks THAT good!

P.S. Love the day drinking! So glad to know it doesn't end after college. :)

Mandy said...

What an awesome weekend!! I'm obsessed with Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations show...I didn't even know he had a restaurant in LA!? That is definitely somewhere I need to visit next time I'm in California.

A weekend with free-flowing Patron is going to be one hard weekend to ever top :)

A Crimson Kiss said...

What a wonderful weekend! I confess, John's and mine was significantly more...sedentary!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Looks like you had a smashing weekend, Roxy! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dreamy Princess said...

Woww...Jane Seymour house and meet her in person?? awesome!! Rebecca Bloomwood always want to meet her! xp

Your weekend seem like a blast!((:

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess

annechovie said...

Looks like you had a great time, Roxy. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Anonymous said...

so cute, love! looks like a blast!
xo,
joAnn

Post a Comment