Wednesday, March 23, 2011

BOSWORTH BUNS.

I'm not talking about Kate's tush, although I daresay it's pretty fabulous too, it's really her ballerina top buns that I keep envisioning myself sporting with effortless grace. It always starts like this- I envision the valiant attempt (hold the dramatics?) than I subsequently envision the inevitable. The inevitable being a lopsided, far too princess lea hello it's not halloween, disaster sitting atop than slowly sliding off the side of my head! Ha! Do you feel the same way about buns? I desperately want to try, but it's far too easy to reach for the familiar especially when it's become somewhat of my signature that I can assemble quicker than I can even say the word "bun."
Amber's Notebook said...

gorgeous! I would love to copy that do!
Amber's Notebook

Lillian C said...

Haha! I can totally relate! Plus, I always keep my hair down because I don't think I have as beautiful a bone structure as Kate...so I'm not sure I can pull it off. But oh, I just adore the look - you instantly look elegant and chic! I have to get over myself and try it! :)

Unknown said...

OK..love buns and wear them often...but MOSTLY I love HER.
Her eye colors being different is just the most unusual and beautiful thing...everytime I see her photos...breathtaking!
C

Courtney Erin said...

Sigh, I wish I could pull off a bun that well.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

KC said...

this is my go-to look! (not saying I can pull it off as well as Kate does), but it's the perfect solutions to a horrible hair day!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I LOVE this look. I try to pull it off, but honestly, I just look silly

Sandy a la Mode said...

i love her buns!! she is beautiful! i wish i were better at making my own hair buns!!

Behind the Lashes said...

I think she looks great in them. I wouldn't dare to try something similar. The closest I come to a bun is doing my hair wild and curly (with lots of hairspray) and putting it up in a ponytail-the last pull through I only do half way and let pieces fly out and tuck the rest under.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way until I watched Sydney's tutorial on The Daybook. So much easier when you embrace back-combing... which was a mental block for me!

tutorial: http://tandsdaybook.blogspot.com/2010/11/round-two.html


-Lola

Anonymous said...

i love a high bun! my signature up do is the high ponytail loop :)

xo,
joAnn

Anonymous said...

Pretty bun pics of Kate Bosworth. Wished she checked her that contact lenses matched.

Post a Comment