Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Inspiration & Insomnia



Today I have pages upon pages of ideas and sandpapery eyes. I couldn't sleep last night; the long, bare fingers of my sketchbook dragged me out of bed until the wee hours of the morning. I'm not sure if it's intense worry or intense inspiration. I keep telling myself something a dear family friend told me, "It's not I hope this works, it's what can I do to make this work." Right, darlings? :)

What do you do when you just can't fall asleep?
Superblondeep said...

I love Pablo Picasso

Anonymous said...

No sleep? This has been happening one and off lately to me this winter season...and I'm normally the Queen of Sleeping...

...my "Rituals of An Insomniac" chapter would consist of:
1) making (decaf!) tea
2) nibbling on crackers or cheerios
3) thinking of tunes to fill my iPod with
4) rolling around the living room rug with my kitties (if they're up too)
5) hours upon hours of QVC
6) jumping jacks (???)
7) a glass of red wine (if nothing else works and I haven't anything major the next day)

♥ ♥ ♥

Behind the Lashes said...

Great inspiration. I usually just put a movie on haha

jewel at eatdrinkshoplove said...

I usually drink this tea called Love Tea. Look it up its great! I love your Picasso quote.

Courtney Erin said...

I get a cup of warm milk and sit in bed and read for a bit - always knocks me out!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

ashley nicole catherine said...

love that picasso quote! so true- you have to *do* to get anywhere.

what are you working on that kept you up?? it's so hard to turn off my brain sometimes, but look into "sleep hygiene." it's helped me!

xo.ashley

Anya Rudn said...

Love the quotes!

http://luckysparkle.blogspot.com

♡Anya

StyleIDnet said...

Thanks for those quotes, loved them....
Can't sleep? 3 bags of linden tea. It sends me to heaven.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

Sandy a la Mode said...

what a great quote by pablo!! such an inspiration!!

KC said...

love these quotes and the advice of your friend. hang in there, i'm sure it's going to be amazing!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

That late-night inspiration feeling is such a double edged sword. It feels amazing when you're on that high, but man are you sleepy the next day!

When I can't sleep, I try to either read a book, or will waste time on Pinterest or in blogland. :) But then again, sometimes that leaves me even more inspired!

A Crimson Kiss said...

Warm milk with honey, and a melatonin vitamin-always puts me right out!

Demoiselle M. said...

I adore these quotes. If I can't sleep I don't fight the feeling. I get out of bed and make use of the quiet time...after an hour or two my body tires out on its own.

jessicaraesommer said...

Ah I loved your pablo quote. I knowwww what you mean by sandpaper eyes! I wear contacts and sometimes in the morning I am wincing wondering how bad its going to burn when I put them in from lack of sleep... I sketch at night too... browse the internet for inspiration... drink hot chocolate...or sleepytime tea. I love the "it's not I hope it works" what your friend shared. It's so hard to go after your dreams sometimes.

xo Jessica Rae
{lovely ugly design}
http://lovelyuglydesign.blogspot.com/
http://jessicaraesommer.blogspot.com

SUNDAY COLLECTOR said...

I am old school - and literally try and 'count sheep' like my mum used to tell me to do when I was little. It actually works! I LOVE that poster - such beautiful, thought provoking words.

Post a Comment