Monday, March 7, 2011

Preggo Pretty

Have you seen those awkward preggy portraits where barenaked belly bumps overbear entire photos and distract you from the beauty of it all? Come on ladies, even Demi barely pulled it off. This darling pregnancy shoot by Amelia Lyon should be the benchmark for all baby bump portraits. I'm nowhere near ready to open that chapter, but it truly made my heart melt.

Wanna see more of my photography faves? Click here.

{Photography by Amelia Lyon | Discovered via Gabriella}
Anonymous said...

i am so with you on the bare belly bumps...it makes me kind of uncomfortable! love these..they're so sweet!

xo,
joAnn

Anonymous said...

Those are sooooo cool! I want some!

Unknown said...

Awe...now this is how all belly bumps of the world should be captured!! I'm in love with the first pic!

xoxo-Tiffany

delightfully-chic.blogspot

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Couldn't agree more. I'm in love with that first image!

anyaadores said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E post - can't remember looking that cute when I was preggers, but I must have.!
Love your blog - just popped in -I will be back
Happy Monday
A xx
http://anyaadores.blogspot.com/

Jin said...

baby bumps are cute on other people but it's def not for me, at least not anytime soon :-).

Heart Charlie said...

Aww such lovely photos! Yeah my dress was only 7 dollah! Seven dollah hollah!!! (ok that was corny-haha)

I kept having these reoccurring dreams that I was pregnant, like I really felt preggo in my dreams! I was weirded out so I looked up "pregnant in dreams" online and it says it stood for the start of a creative endeavor, excitement about something to come, etc etc. Needless to say I was relieved it wasn't a literal dream, and wouldn't you know it, about a week after these flurry of dreams I landed my biggest most exciting costume job in my career!!!

Lilacandgrey said...

ADORE!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

A family member of mine... who shall remain nameless... had a VERY interesting pregnancy photo shoot (read interesting... hideous). These are so much prettier!

Anonymous said...

I must respectfully disagree. While I do think the photos you posted are lovely, the belly photos that most people have done are not for beauty or fashion - they are to remember the most wondrous and miraculous time of one's life. Once you share your body with a tiny growing life, the pictures of your swollen belly are something you can look back on when you are remembering the time that you and your baby were inseparable.

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

I'm so with you -- pregnancy portraits are usually awkward and weird, but these are much better!! (Not that I'm anywhere near having to worry about such things...)

Behind the Lashes said...

They are really lovely. And I'm with you with the awkward naked ones.

yasmin said...

I know a girl who posed naked covered in tatoos with her middle fingers up as her preggo pics. I wish I knew where they were to show you for a good OMG laugh. These on the other hand, marvelous!!

A Crimson Kiss said...

I totally agree-the exposed belly portraits are almost always just a bit too much! These, on the other hand, are so sophisticated and divine!

Unknown said...

These just stopped me in my tracks. Drop dead gorgeous!

annechovie said...

I agree with you - these are so much more appealing than the naked stomach photos that have become so trite. Have a great week, Roxy! xx

20 YORK STREET said...

Oh these are so pretty and well, decent!

I would love to look like that preg!

besos,

ML

Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

Twenty York Street

Twenty York Street

cryskay said...

i think this pregnancy shoot is so tasteful and way more visually pleasing than the nude ones. xo

cryskay said...

p.s. yes i did go to sea in nyc! loved their mojitos! everything was so good.

Marcie said...

Darling! And yes, I can't take bare belly pictures and people kissing it.

x M

Joyti said...

I completely agree about the bare baby bellies...it is overdone and tacky. That pregnancy shoot is casually elegant, and just SO gorgeous!

Lexi said...

These are beautiful and a whole lot better than the typical naked belly shots.

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

Whitney said...

I love this! As an aspiring photographer I'm always looking for new ways to bring beauty to otherwise typical (and boring) photoshoots. This is inspirational. Thanks for posting. She looks awesome in that color top, really rocks the color.

Post a Comment