Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lavender. Bear with Me.

Lavender. A total sleeper color for me when it comes to interiors. I think I have a fear of a room that looks like an easter egg exploded on it. My first encounter with pale lavender walls was at the Society Social shoot in the most gorgeous early 1920's manse. See my Madison Mixer bar cart below...

Styling by Styled Creative | Photography by Courtney Apple | Location courtesy of Mona Ross Berman

So ridic, right? This might be my favorite shot of the entire group. I surprised myself by falling in love with those subtle, barely lavender walls the millisecond I walked in. Annd that painting, the styling. Design. High. Up next, Liz Caan's design studio...


...is it La Maison Goyard-like wallpaper that's reeling me in? (One day I shall splurge on a tote!) Or do I really love lavender? And one can't deny that this space is tdf. What do you think, darlings? Lavender love or lavender loathe?
Julia - the Urban Slant said...

I feel the exact same about lavender -- most pastels for that matter. You are SO right - it is the wallpaper that is amazing. And yes, a Goyard tote is a splurge that WILL happen one day.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I must agree with you that I typically don't gravitate toward lavender. It just makes me think of my grandma's house (sorry Nanny!). But Liz Caan's design studio really is fabulous, and the lavender really works here. It is soft enough not to take away from all the unique, beautiful accessories. Love it!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Wow. The wallpaper is very pretty. I don't associate lavender with sleeping, but I get what you are saying.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Julip Made said...

Love lavender the scent... I'm still skeptical about it in interiors. I think it is all about balancing it with the right textures and some darker tones to de-Easterify it. Loved your first image and have had it pinned for a while! xo

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I love that everything in the room is so different yet it seems that it goes perfectly together! I don't even prefer lavender, but I love the way it just works in this room.

Nikki said...

haha I just wrote a post about lavender too. I used to not like it but it's slowly growing on me. So many beautiful ways to use it.

amy said...

Lavender plus brass plus black plus white equals modern...

Islandia Lane said...

love that home bar! Mine doesn't compare, I think it's time for an upgrade.

Samantha said...

Purple is my least favorite color. For no rational reason whatsoever.

Post a Comment