Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend Picture Book: A Southern Wedding

This past weekend Alan and I flew south for a good friend's wedding. The festivities were situated on the Neuse River in the Coastal Plains of North Carolina. In classic southern style, there was eastern bbq, fried pickles, sweet tea and lemonade, and cocktails served out of mason jars.
Alan was so excited to see his best college buddies, all of whom in this particular picture, we've participated in or watched get married and the cute couple's nuptials on the far right to come in 2014 :)
This month is going to be a little crazy, as I will be traveling for work for 3 weeks, so even though I had a long 5 hour drive on my way to drop Alan off to the airport, we decided to stop in historic downtown New Bern to sneak in a date. You gotta take it while you can, sisters!
We lunched at Captain Ratty's Seafood Restaurant on Middle Street-- Alan ordered the low country boil, I ordered the shrimp tacos, and we shared boiled shrimp, raw oysters, and cornbread muffins. mmm. After lunch we walked to the waterfront and decided one day we shall have one of these...
New Bern, North Carolina is the second oldest town in the state and the first state capital. This town rich in history offers up a glance into what Colonial America might have been like. President Washington stayed here...
We drove right by the famous Tryon Palace alongside so many beautiful homes, historic landmarks, and manicured gardens. 
I may have shed a little baby tear saying bye to Alan at the airport but was greeted with a homemade grilled dinner by Mom and sis and this little monster upon arriving. (he is saying, "I want steak.")
These next three weeks are going to be crazy with High Point Market and another Society Social photoshoot on the books (I'm kind of nervous!) but I will be checking in as much as possible. Hope y'all had a lovely weekend, darlings!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

this looks like a wonderful wedding! you and the hubs are adorable! have fun these next few weeks! enjoy the craziness...xoxo

Amber said...

Love the pictures. Wish I could have seen your beautiful face since you were so close. Patrick asked if you would be visiting this summer. I had to let him down with a big NO :(

XOXO

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics, love souther weddings!

Anonymous said...

looks like a great weekend! can't wait to see the next photoshoot!

Your Southern Peach said...

Wish you safe travels over the next few weeks my dear!

Lindsey Suggs said...

Welcome home for a few weeks!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I spy a chic leather koozie!!! some one has a beday coming up, perhaps I can get my very own!

Beautiful pics rox! You are making me crave the south!

btw - REALLY craving some sweet tea right now. You better believe I'll be brewing that poison this summer.

hugs

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

Heaven - the whole weekend looks fantastic!

Post a Comment