Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What Extremely Successful People Were Doing at Age 25

Dad sent me this article from Yahoo Finance yesterday. Apparently most of these extremely successful people were still "finding themselves" at age 25. There is still hope for me, after all. At the age of 25 I was on the brink of being unemployed for over a year; my path has been anything but "linear." Actually, the key word for my mid-twenties would be "flailing." Think this gif of Marnie on Girls.

Martha Stewart was a stockbroker.

Mark Cuban was a bartender in Dallas-- sleeping on the floor with six guys in a three bedroom apartment.



Warren Buffet was working as an investment salesman in Omaha.
Tina Fey was a child-care registrar at the YMCA.

Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook was cash positive for the first time.

Ralph Lauren was a sales assistant at Brooks Brothers.

Jay-Z was on the rap scene, still unknown.

Oh Tim Allen, you win. Nice mug.
What were you (or are you?) doing at age 25? Such a fascinating article-- makes you think how fast and how much things can change if you put your mind to it. Read the rest here then go forth and hustle! 
Jessie said...

This is a cool article. I would say I relate the most to Jay Z, we both love B. :)

Abbey said...

That's the age where I'm at now and I think I'm doing alright in advertising.

Win $80 PACSUN Gift Certificate by Joining my Giveaway! http://bit.ly/ZeZp9o

xo
Abbey

http://www.thinkrunway.com

Carlene: Healthfully Ever After said...

I really love this article! Success takes work and time.

Folle De Joie said...

Thank you, I need to see these types of things every once in a while!!

http://folledejoieblog.com

Anonymous said...

okay well this makes me feel better. i'm only 23, i have plenty of time! :)

Nat said...

Wow I need to read this article- when I was 25 I was in between jobs and trying to figure out my career. I still don't think I've figured it out for sure but it makes me feel better about being on my way this much later

meghan silva said...

This was such an interesting read , makes me realize how much life can change after 25.

xo Meg<3

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that article! Gives me hope!

Anonymous said...

I love this - seriously thank you for sharing it. It is nice to know that tina fey was also still figuring it out.

Lili said...

hahah! love this!

you have achieved so much, roxy and congratulations!

Jenn from much to my delight said...

I was a freakin' mess at 25. Interestingly enough, I reflected on it on my blog two weeks ago. Rolling silverware in the back of a Mexican restaurant/sports bar. I loved this post, Roxy. Very self-affirming!!

brooke said...

see, it can be done! never too late, thanks for the affirmation. loved the article!

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

You have no idea how great it feels to read this!! At 25, I was moving across the world and going back to graduate school after a third career change... Sounds about right.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe 25 for me was almost 6 years ago. my path his been on a plateau since then, and i'm ready for a change. like really REALLY ready. my job has become laboring to get through each day and i am constantly thinking of how i can merge my creative life with my "real life." i have yet to find the courage to take the leap however...perhaps 2013 is my year!

Julia D. said...

The habits and life trajectories of today's most "successful" (I feel the need to put that in brackets because everyone defines success differently) people are very interesting. Very few were immediately successful, most had experience with failure, and pretty much all of them took time to figure themselves out beforehand. I find it kind of ironic then that the way we map out "paths to success" always discounts this learned knowledge.

Post a Comment