Monday, April 15, 2013

Collecting: An Animal Menagerie

The Poodle
The Brass Crab
The Fox
The Little Lion
The Pair of Brass Cranes
The Jaguar
Decorating with animal figurines can be silly, fun, and stylish. We have a small menagerie, a total of 6, in our little apartment that made their debut in HGTV, a few of them named: Queen Elizabeth the brass pig, Theodore the stained glass turtle...did you spot them?

A collected kingdom can add whimsy and personal flair to any space. Do you have a menagerie of your own? What are they? Do they have names? Introduce me!

Collect Your Own:
Society Social Vintage (new delivery coming soon!)

{Photography by Courtney Apple & Lawrence Te, Styling by myself and Styled Creative for Society Social}
Tiffany Leigh said...

I have a brass deer that I love, but I definitely need to add to my menagerie! Great inspiration. I noticed your turtle, he's so cute.

Carlene: Healthfully Ever After said...

I have that exact brass crab! Absolutely love him, although we aren't sure what to put in him.

Unknown said...

I have a little kingdom of my own that I have been collecting since I was a teenager, including more brass figures than I can count, several paintings and prints, an iron squirrel nutcracker, a paper mache deer head and porcelain staffordshire dogs. Combined with my house plants, my home is starting to resemble a jungle!

Anonymous said...

love the brass crab!

we had one like this when I was little that opened. I loved storing things in it.

http://stellaturnerruth.wordpress.com

Melanie said...

If I could have a menagerie of tigers in my apartment I would!! I love when people take the kid plastic figurines and spray paint them funky colors. The beauty of it is that if it falls it doesn't break!! =P

Ergo - Blog

McKenna Lou said...

I love these! I have a few owls and a squirrel around my house and they always make me smile. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com
P.S. Be sure to check out or huge giveaway today! 2 winners! + a discount code.

Post a Comment