Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brunch in the East Village

I'm beginning to think that I'm a man when it comes to interior design.  I always find myself drawn to an aesthetic that easily falls under industrial chic, and I adore the drama of dark earth tones such as brown, gray, and black.  Early Saturday morning, I found myself at brunch in the East Village in a space that falls under all of the above sipping on a delicious cappuccino...



At The Smith, light fixtures hung from the ceiling on meat hooks or on stands fashioned out of cast iron pipes.  Vintage inspired hexagonal floor tiles patterned the floor in black and white and the walls were dressed in subway tiles.  The metals and tiles were accented with wood au naturel or painted in a slate blue (similar to my living room walls!) and worn leather covered bench and chair seats.  Water was served flat or sparkling in simple green or clear glass bottles and the daily specials were showcased on chalkboards.  Everything was perfection to my manly man tastes even my eggs benedict!


Hope you had a holiday filled with loved ones, laughter, and feasts galore! How are you wrapping up your weekend loves?

p.s. Did I mention I got my House in the City and cape?! They were both pleasant surprises that sent me into a twirl of shrieks and excitement! =) This calls for a holiday gift guide! 

Melissa said...

The restaurant looks great!! I can't wait to hear all about your time here in the city, hope you had a blast!!

Unknown said...

You look so cute! Love this, I love the East Village, soooo happenin! XX!

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

I love eggs benedict! Post more pics!! One of the first things I ate was crispy pata, garlic rice and kang kong. yummm

Dreamy Princess said...

What a cozy place! I picture you sit there, drinking cappucino or whatever, enjoy the atmosphere (:

Oh, what a nice cape! So lucky to receive the present(:

Bisous,
Dreamy Princess
~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

Jin said...

Omg I LOVE NYC...Lucky you! Looks like i'm gonna have to invest in a cape because yours is absolutely fabulous

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

looks yummy and i love your cape!

milk tea + polkadots said...

Haha... we managed to eat at 6 different places in one day. Where did you eat in NYC? How come you were only there for a day? :( There are too many places to eat in NY to only go there for a day!

Islandia Lane said...

omgosh! I love the smith! my favorite part is the photobooth in the unisex bathroom!! Please tell me you took photobooth pics! ;-)

Hope you have/had a great time in the city!

this free bird said...

Roxy you are looking adorable in that cape!! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving :) I guess I must be a man on the interior design front, too - or at least in this case. The place you brunched at is superb!

xo,
C

Post a Comment