Thursday, March 3, 2011

Building Forts

"Valentine's Day Fort" how-to at Design*Sponge via Glitter & Pearls


Did you build "forts" as a child? I built them everywhere from under dining room tables to "deep" in the woods aka the line of trees skirting the golf course transformed by a heaping dose of imagination. With an arsenal of flashlights, snack packs, and various goodies, my siblings and I would camp out under old white linens and mounds of pillows for hours on end. Such a darling memory. I really want to make friendship bracelets this weekend. Hmmm, I wonder if I should make them from under a "grown up" fort? Who's in? :)
Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Love love love this fort. So much more glamorous than the ones I used to build.

Rebecca said...

I started a friendship bracelet last weekend! I'm adding rhinestones though, for a grown up version.

Alicia Lund said...

Aww I totally used to make forts AND friendship bracelets! Fun little weekend project :)

Lindsey Suggs said...

Love it! And can we just mention the fort in "The Holiday." Jude Law + Fort = Swooooooon

ashley nicole catherine said...

so cute! i definitely made forts all throughout my childhood. i like this one because it's still whimsical, but i could actually see myself napping or reading a book under the canopy :)

xo.ashley

Unknown said...

ROXY! You just brought back sooooo many wonderful memories...My brother and I would raid the linen closet (oh my poor mama...she must have really loved us) and make all kinds of forts and tunnels!! We had hardwood floors throughout our home and would pull each other around the house on the sheets!! Talk about a good time!!! haha!

Believe it or not...stumbled across Artistic Jewelry 2010 last night...Etsy shop full of friendship bracelets!! ; )

GREAT POST!

xoxo-Tiffany
delightfully-chic.blogspot

Whitney Davis said...

Ahh this just made me smile! Forts always make me think of being a kid.

xoxo
Whitney

http://joyisstyle.blogspot.com

Superblondeep said...

that cool corner for tea!

this free bird said...

Um Roxy? What does it mean if I want to put this fort in my house right now? For me.

Ashley said...

Love a good fort! Have you seen The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet? Jude Laws' daughters' fort in that movie is INSANE and I have been wanting one ever since I saw it!

xo
Ashley
www.cookin-in-heels.blogspot.com

Lacey in the City said...

Oh how fun does all of that sound?! I just found your blog and your "About Me" just completely sucked me in. Good for you, taking a leap and creating an outlet to reconnect with what makes you tick. I work on the other side of the Fashion Buying - the Fashion Selling - and until I found the wonderful boss that I have today, I experienced daily fits of panic attacks and floods of tears, so I completely understand what this industry can take from your soul...it sounds so deep and dramatic, but when submersed in the situation, that's exactly how it feels! Again, glad to have found you, and can't wait to see more.

A Crimson Kiss said...

I was such a sucker for forts and a kid, and I practically begged John to make one with me from our moving boxes this week. He looked at me like I was a crazy person, but now I can prove I'm not alone!

Brittany said...

I would LOVE to make friendship bracelets with you Rox. :) They are so adorable!

Navy Bean said...

I LOVE forts! There's a picture of me in my fort (sheet over some chairs) with all my stuffed animals lined up next to me. Hilarious. This one is gorg. I also love the fort from The Holiday:

http://navybeanonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/holiday-tent.html

Anonymous said...

so fun! just gave me an idea for my spare room :)

xo,
joAnn

yasmin said...

Best memory ever.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

if only my forts looked like THAT! how cute.

Post a Comment