Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Picture Book

Alan and I stayed in on (the snowy!) Friday night and spent the entire evening with this new wallpaper! Of course home improvement is best done, in my opinion, with a little champagne & gin in vintage glassware of course. I am so excited to show y'all before and afters soon!


We have a big week this week with lots of guests coming to visit so my mom, sis, and brother drove up all the way from NC to help us hold down, and prettify, the fort. I love them. My heart may burst.

They packed up the car with our new coffee table, my Draper designs in python onyx, and our tufted ottoman while still amazing in my book is getting the shaft. Alan jokes that it's starting to look like a Society Social showroom in here ;)
My newly reupholstered vintage wing chair was part of the delivery too. The fabric is a gold stripe by Kravet and the contrast welt is a golden yellow silk. I adore contrast welt on everything! It especially brings out the silhouette on a piece with gorgeous lines like a curvy wing chair or even a starkly streamlined piece like my Quinn
Along with those two major pieces, they also brought a load of art and accessories from my last vintage sweep like this emerald candleholder and Asian art along with a few oldies from my childhood home. Holler to Holiday Princess 2000 and Miss Congeniality. ha!
I have to say decorating with vintage items and collected trinkets is a trademark in our house. We hardly have anything new, for example I've had this mirror since I was 8. It's seen everything from Girl Scouts to prom all the way to my wedding day. I find that so lovely. I don't think I shall ever be able to part with her. (More on that Thibaut wallpaper soon!)

Of course there is always room for a few special pieces like this "vauze" that I am utterly consumed by. Check out more by the talented Frances Palmer here and a fair warning so you don't pass out, they are quite pricey but extremely gorgeous and worth it if you're in the market. If you're having cardiac arrest but still need the look, Design Sponge offers a healthy alternative!
Anyways, it's going to be a busy one ahead so head down and to the grind I go. I hope you've enjoyed watching our little place come along because it's been so fun sharing. I'll do full before and afters of our place in a few weeks, if you are interested :) Hope y'all had a fantastic weekend!


Kimberly Lewis said...

It looks like your place is really coming together! Can't wait to see photos of the entire space!

Hannah said...

Can't wait to see pictures!

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

meghan silva said...

love the whole style looks amazing!

http://meghansilva.blogspot.com

sarah said...

So much is happening! Can't wait to see everything when it's done. Have a great time with your family, and we must catch up soon! xo

Stefanie Dasher // Life on the Squares said...

a champagne & gin sounds so good right now. can't wait to see the wallpaper!

XO, Stefanie
Life on the Squares

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and
I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods
and we are looking to trade solutions with other folks, be sure to shoot me an email if interested.
My webpage :: rolled ankle swelling

Julia D. said...

What an amazing family you have! Good luck with all of your craziness this next while!

Post a Comment