Tuesday, January 8, 2013

NYC Apartment Update!

Last October Alan and I made a big push to decorate our semi-put together apartment. Here's a recap of  Day 1 and Day 2 in case you missed it! I know it's been almost a year since we've moved in, but I travel a lot so shamefully it's always the last thing on the list. Excuses aside, here's a little snapshot of our little "speed decorate" sesh, the half of it anyways. Our place looked like this for days!

Among the items we did get to check off- finally having our nude colored rug custom over-dyed to navy bah-luuuue (a $200 antique Turkish Kilim Ebay score which was appraised at around 6k! #victory), the obligatory Rast hack (both per Naomi's brills suggestion!), and a few smaller touches like a spunky pillow and custom foot stool which after decades of neglect, I stole from mom's house :) and had recovered in a beautiful pink silk get up by Kravet. You say foot stool + silk = impractical, I say, Why Not?!

We also now have a collection of over 10 antique ginger jars thanks to my thrifting adventures and Etsy!

We didn't quite finish so my next big focus is rounding out our gallery wall. I'm head over heals smitten with the look of these eclectic round-ups.
I'm frequently searching around on 20x200, Art.com, and Etsy and have a few more items in mind to go with these, but would love to hear your suggestions. Have you designed your own gallery wall? What did you do to make it unique? Do you have a favorite artist or shop I need to check out? Share! Share!
Sadie + Stella said...

Girlfriend! Cannot wait to see more! You promised me your first reveal...remember???? Love it!

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke said...

Looks fantastic. Love all the print mixing and the pops of color. I am jealous of your gallery wall. Heaven!

Maria Larsen said...

Ooh, it looks great. I can't wait to see the rest of your apartment. xo, Maria

Julie Leah said...

I love what I see so far!! Can't wait for you to share more! A gallery wall is on my list of home projects to have completed by spring :)

Lilacandgrey said...

this shop has great prints! http://www.etsy.com/shop/lucileskitchen

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

looking good lovey!! xo

Jess said...

Can't wait to see your gallery wall! This is some great inspiration!

Ps your chair is too cute!

Julia D. said...

You have an amazing sense of style, Roxy. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Post a Comment